Friday, April 14, 2006

April 14, 2006

Travel Update

I just wanted to keep anyone that is interested up to date on my (and my family's) travel plans. We are all leaving Sydney today (Friday 14 April) and flying to Christchurch. My family will be flying from Auckland, at various times, on 21 April. I will also be flying from Auckland on the 21 April, but flying back to Sydney. Therefore, I will more or less be out of e-mail contact for the next week. Feel free to write, but I won't be able to respond until next Friday.

Below I have just added the pictures that we recieved from out family climb of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The climb tested some family member's stomachs, but in the end everyone did the climb easily and well. Most of all, everyone enjoyed it. It was a fantastic experience, recommeded for all, and we were very fortunate to have the skies clear as we started climbing. This gave us the benefit of some of the best views and photo oppurtunities I have ever seen. Unfortunately though, you are not allowed to bring your own camera with you, so we were at the whim of our guides camera. Nonetheless we have some great pictures and they are below.

Hope all is well with everyone and I will be back in a week to update you on my family and my travels through New Zealand.

Love

Jon


These are fairly self explanatory, however brief captions were added.




Janet, Sarah, David, Ben and I on top of the Eastern Arch of the Bridge (Opera house in the background)



Janet, David, Sarah, Ben and I at very top of the Bridge, directly over the center. (Sunsetting in background over West Sydney)



David and Janet on the Western Arch of the Bridge (Southwest Sydney and the Blue Mts. in the background)


Ben, Sarah and I on the Western Arsch of the Bridge (same background)





Sarah, Ben and I on the downward slope of the Western Arch (Sydney Center or CBD and Circular Quay in the background)



Janet and David on the Western Arch (same background)


One of two rainbows we saw on the way up the Bridge. It was amazing, two complete rainbows from one side of the city, across the harbour, to the other side; over the Opera House.


The sun setting behind the Western Arch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/28/2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! 1995 buick century service manual Bailys total fitness Spy spam blocker

2/16/2007 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home